We are strongly committed to respecting and protecting the privacy of the users of SST Software (“SST”) products and services. In order to maintain your trust, we adhere to the following principles:
- We will not sell your data.
- We will only share your data with those you ask us to share it with, such as your colleagues, your advisors, and your clients.
- We have implemented appropriate security safeguards to protect your data in accordance with industry standards.
- If you are not comfortable with your data being used in aggregated, anonymized data sets then you can opt-out of such services.
SST will only collect information and data that you choose to disclose to SST or that is shared with us from a third party (“Your Data”). Your Data may include personally identifiable information, as well as Farm and Field level data (“Your Personal Information”) such as:
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Geospatial Locations
- Field Level Activities (e.g. planting and yield)
- Device Information (e.g. device identification number)
Use of Information
We use Your Data for the following purposes:
- Provide products and services to you and our other customers.
- Provide high-quality customer service.Improve and enhance the products and services currently offered.
- Identify areas where new products and services may benefit you.
- Market our products and services to you.
- Gain valuable feedback from you.
Aggregated, anonymized data may be used to provide summaries, trends and other valuable information about agronomic products and services to you and our other customers. If you do not want to participate in the aggregated data set, you may opt-out of such services.
How We Protect Your Data
We have security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information and data under our control. We have implemented various physical, electronic, and managerial measures, including education and training of our personnel, to provide Your Data with reasonable protection from accidental loss or destruction, improper use, alteration, or disclosure. We have invested and deployed a wide variety of technology and security features to ensure the privacy of Your Data that we collect. In addition, we have implemented strict operational guidelines to safeguard privacy of information and data we collect at every level of our organization.
We will continue to revise policies and implement additional security features as new technologies become available.
There are several ways that you may choose to disclose information to SST, each of which is listed below:
- When you register a user account we will request certain information from you, and store that information in our system.
- Information that you input into SST software applications.
- Information may be provided from third parties users or systems.
- We will continually protect Your Data. If information is received from a third party, it will only be used in accordance with this Policy.
- Information may be collected when using our websites or websites hosted by us, including secure portals on such websites. Our servers use session cookies to help identify you and make using our services more efficient.
- Additional information such as IP addresses, site visits, how you use our website and marketing statistics may be collected in order to help us ensure we continue to provide the best quality products and services.
The collection and use of Your Data by us, pursuant to this Policy, is intended to be in compliance with applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations; however, in the event this Policy fails to comply with any such laws or regulations, this Policy shall be deemed to have been amended and modified accordingly.
Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
We do not disclose, sell, share, trade or give away Your Data, or any other identifiable information, to third parties, except under one or more of the following circumstance:
- Consent: If you have consented to the disclosure of Your Data, we may share Your Data with third parties. Except as provided in this Policy, we do not share Your Data with any other party for any purpose. Examples of this are integrations between SST and other software providers, or the sharing of data with partners via agX Connections.
- Protection of SST and Others: We may disclose Your Data about you to others: (i) if we have a good faith belief that we are required or permitted to do so by law or legal process; (ii) in connection with legal or administrative proceedings; (iii) to protect the rights, reputation, property or safety of SST or others; (iv) to defend or enforce our rights or your obligations; or (v) if the disclosure is required by mandatory professional standards.
- Business Transfers: In the event that we decide to sell all or part of our stock or assets or merge, we reserve the right to include Your Data among the assets transferred to the acquiring or surviving company. It is our practice to seek appropriate protection for Your Data in these types of transactions.
- Third Parties: We may engage third parties to perform services for us which may involve such third party handling Your Data we hold. In these situations, we prohibit the third party from using such Your Data except for the specific purpose for which we supply it. We will not disclose Your Data to third parties for reasons other than those related to the products and services we offer, unless such disclosure of Your Data occurs due to one of the other circumstances listed herein.
Third Party Collection of Information
As a service to you, we provide hyperlinks to valuable resources that are related to the products and services that we provide. These hyperlinks, which are highlighted words or pictures within a hypertext document that may, when clicked, take you to another place within the document, to another document altogether, or to a third party website not controlled by us. These hyperlinked, third party websites may collect and disclose information in a manner that is different from this Policy. We are not responsible for the collection, use, or disclosure of information collected through these third party websites, and we expressly disclaim any and all liability related to such collection, use, retention or disclosure. We do not collect any Your Data from any persons who click on these hyperlinks.
International Disclosure of Information
Permitted disclosures of Your Data, either to third parties or within our organization, include the transfer of data from one jurisdiction to another, such as transfers to and from the United States of America. Because privacy laws vary from one jurisdiction to another, Your Data may be transferred to a jurisdiction where the laws provide less or different protection than the jurisdiction in which the information originated. We will always handle Your Data, focusing on the security of such information, as described in this Policy.
Access to Your Data
If you wish to obtain a copy of particular information you have provided to us, or if you become aware the information is incorrect and you would like us to correct or delete it, contact us at www.sstsoftware.com/privacy/data-privacy-policy/. Before we are able to provide you with any information or correct any inaccuracies, however, we may ask you to verify your identity and to provide other details, including Your Personal Information, to help us to respond to your request. We always will endeavor to respond within an appropriate timeframe to any request under this section.
Enforcement of this Policy
We will cooperate with authorized departments and agencies to resolve any complaints and disputes arising in connection with this Policy. All of our employees will be required to be familiar with and adhere to this Policy. We will investigate any reported complaints of violations of this Policy and will take prompt remedial action where violations are found. In order to inquire or complain about this Policy or anything related to the privacy of information you have provided to us, please contact us at the following e-mail address: email@example.com.
Amendments to this Policy
We reserve the right to modify, update or amend this Policy at any time. We intend for any modification, update or amendment to this Policy to continue to comply with all applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations concerning Your Data. If we have amended this Policy in a manner that causes you concern with regard to Your Data, please contact us with your inquiries or complaints as outlined in this Policy. Your continued use of the products and services we offer will constitute your agreement to the amendments we make to this Policy.
*No system is perfect; therefore, we make no representations or warranties with regard to the sufficiency of these security measures. We are not responsible for any actual or consequential damages (or any other damages or liability of any kind whatsoever) that result from a lapse in compliance with this Policy because of a security breach or technical malfunction.
If you have any questions or concerns in regard to this Policy, please contact us at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, or if you prefer, please contact us at the following address:
824 N. Country Club Rd.
Stillwater, OK 74075